- Position: Asset Data Collection Surveyor
- Length: Contract 6-9 months
- Experience: At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a building services /contracting business or similar environment
- Location: Grafton, Auckland CBD
- Closing date: 23 August 2019
About the Role:
- Large Facilities Management and Maintenance Contract
- Fixed term contract commencing September 2019 for a period of 6 to 9 months
- Support role for the contract to ensure the achievement contract deliverables
Aquaheat Facilities Services Ltd is currently seeking a team of Asset Assessors that will be part of our site-based maintenance team responsible for gathering asset data associated to the hard services that will form the foundation of the overall Asset Management Plan. This will include mechanical, electrical, plumbing, vertical transportation, and fire protection systems.
Field assessments would typically be performed in teams of 2-4 assessors with assignments split based on personnel experience and trained disciplines while conducting inventory and condition assessments of the building systems consistent with the NAMS principles.
- Perform data collection and condition assessments in the field on hard services across the building portfolio
- Conduct inventory and condition assessments consistent with NAMS principles
- Identify building components and deficiencies
Key Skills and Attributes:
To succeed in this role, you will be tertiary, or trade qualified with experience in assessing infrastructure and building assets with a sound knowledge of NAMS principles.
- Ideally you will have a qualification one or more of the key disciplines e.g. electrical, mechanical, plumbing or fire protection trades or have experience and understanding of these areas
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a building services /contracting business or similar environment
- A sound understanding of asset management and NAMS principles
- A sound knowledge of building systems and compliance along with Facility Management experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience with tablet computers and skills required to populate data in asset management collection software
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including climbing ladders and assess spaces including roofs, basements and utility tunnels.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to relate well with people at all levels (colleagues and clients)
- Highly organised with an eye for detail whilst taking a proactive approach to make sure workflow is planned in advance
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices with up to date knowledge of current legislative requirements
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own deadlines
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical examination including a drug test and pre-employment criminal conviction screening.