- Position: Facilities Manager
- Length: Permanent Full Time
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience managing or leading a service delivery team preferably in building services
- Location: Auckland
- Closing date: 28 February 2019
About the Role:
You're a born organiser who gets a real kick from tackling a new assignment and immersing yourself into a new situation. In this role you will oversee and provide high level business and operational management support to the contract management and site based service delivery teams by undertaking a wide range of administrative, organisational and advisory duties associated with the overall development and performance of the Contract. You will also be required to get involved in or lead special projects associated with the contract.
Managing day to day workflow, meetings, handling queries and maintaining and updating documentation and systems all form part of the position.
- Provides liaison for day to day operational and team resources
- Supports the contract with technical resources from within his team
- Support the Operations Manager in implementing standardised processes and procedures
- On-going relationship and operational management
- Supports the Operations Manager to ensure all hard facilities management staff and subcontractors on site are delivering a cost effective, efficient and quality product and service
- Completes quality audits on all staff and subcontractors on a regular basis
- Standardise processes and procedures across contract agreements
- Contribute to creating a professional, positive, friendly and supportive environment
Key Skills and Attributes:
To succeed in this role, you will have proven experience in building and leading a diverse team, the ability to lead change whilst driving team engagement and the commercial acumen to improve business performance in a challenging market.
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be desirable
- At least 3-5 years’ experience managing or leading a service delivery team preferably in a building services, facilities maintenance or trades services business
- A sound knowledge of Facility Services and building compliance is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of BEIMS, Pronto or similar ERP system would be beneficial
- Computer literate and experience in using Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Ability to promote teamwork, motivate staff and build effective customer relationships based on quality service
- Proven management and supervisory experience
- A sound understanding of budgeting and financials
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Can demonstrate commitment to the importance of Health and Safety and active participation in ensuring a safe and healthy work environment
- Actively supports organisational initiatives
- Have sound judgment and initiative along with a strong team focus
- Be organised, taking a proactive approach to make sure things are taken care of in advance
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own deadlines
- A high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Outstanding communication and rapport building skills with the ability to relate well with people at all levels (colleagues and clients)
This business is constantly changing and growing, we have a strong presence in the market at the moment and as a result, this is an exciting time to be getting on board.
Ideally, you will have a strong focus on quality and a positive, flexible attitude. Working closely with the Contract Manager and Client Representatives you must display initiative, maturity and the ability to manage multiple tasks, often within conflicting deadlines. You will be a motivated team player with the ability to take ownership of your work.
Aquaheat offers a supportive and collaborative working environment, competitive remuneration and additional employee benefits including Paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness cover.
Your engaging personality and sense of humour coupled with your ability to remain calm, self-motivated and anticipate needs will ensure your success in this role. If you have the key attributes required to fulfil this role and are a confident person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you!