- Position: H&S and Compliance Supervisor
- Length: Permanent Full Time
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in service/construction/contracting business
- Location: Auckland
- Closing date: 28 February 2019
About the Role:
This position is a key part of the contract management team providing support services to management and the site based service delivery team regarding all contract related health & safety and compliance matters.
This is a new assignment and you will need to immerse yourself into the role overseeing and providing a high level of support to the contract management and site based service delivery teams by undertaking a wide range of administrative, organisational and advisory duties associated with the overall development and performance of the contract. You will also be required to get involved in or lead contract audits and incident investigations associated with the contract.
Managing day to day workflow, meetings, handling queries and maintaining and updating documentation and systems all form part of the position.
- Health and Safety compliance for the contract
- Risk management and quality assurance
- Provides support to the contract on environmental and sustainability matters
- Inductions for Aquaheat personnel and subcontractors
- Issues and controls the use of all permits for work completed by Aquaheat staff and subcontractors
- Supports the Contracts Manager and Operations Manager to drive a proactive H&S and Compliance culture (e.g. Near Miss reporting etc)
- KPI measurement and benchmarking
- Completes quality audits of processes, procedures and workmanship of all staff and subcontractors
- Completes all incident investigations
- Provides advice for day to day operational and team resources
- Support the Operations Manager in implementing standardised processes and procedures
- On-going relationship and operational management
- Standardise processes and procedures across contract agreements
- Contribute to creating a professional, positive, friendly and supportive environment
Key Skills and Attributes:
To succeed in this role, you will have proven experience key areas of Health & Safety and Compliance, with the ability to lead change whilst driving team engagement and the commercial acumen to improve business performance in a challenging market.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to the importance of Health and Safety and active participation in ensuring a safe and healthy work environment
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in service/construction/contracting business with a focus on the health & safety compliance discipline
- A sound building knowledge, with Facility Services experience highly regarded.
- Computer literate and experience in using Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Ability to promote teamwork, motivate staff and build effective customer relationships based on quality service
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Actively supports organisational initiatives
- Have sound judgment and initiative along with a strong team focus
- Be organised, taking a proactive approach to make sure things are taken care of in advance
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own deadlines
- A high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Outstanding communication and rapport building skills with the ability to relate well with people at all levels (colleagues and clients)
- A positive, happy disposition.
This business is constantly changing and growing, we have a strong presence in the market at the moment and as a result, this is an exciting time to be getting on board.
Ideally, you will have a strong focus on quality and a positive, flexible attitude. Working closely with the Contract Manager and Client Representatives you must display initiative, maturity and the ability to manage multiple tasks, often within conflicting deadlines. You will be a motivated team player with the ability to take ownership of your work.
Aquaheat offers a supportive and collaborative working environment, competitive remuneration and additional employee benefits including Paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness cover.
Your engaging personality and sense of humour coupled with your ability to remain calm, self-motivated and anticipate needs will ensure your success in this role. If you have the key attributes required to fulfil this role and are a confident person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you!