- Position: Plumbing Manager
- Length: Full time permanent
- Experience: Minimum 5 years proven experience
- Location: Auckland
- Closing date: 30 August 2019
Aquaheat Facility Services is currently recruiting for a hands-on Plumbing Manager to join our busy team in Auckland in a fulltime permanent role.
Founded in 1950, Aquaheat has delivered high quality building services solutions to commercial, industrial and infrastructure customers throughout New Zealand. With an impressive track record in the design installation and commissioning of specialist Mechanical Services, Aquaheat can arguably claim to be the premier provider of building services in New Zealand.
Reporting to the Branch Manager.
As a fully qualified Plumber/Gasfitter/Drainlayer you will:
- Provide general plumbing services to ensure all planned installation work, fault work and maintenance work is carried out in an efficient, effective and safe manner as requested or directed by Branch manager.
- Provide plumbing and/or gasfitting services relating to installations, maintenance and repairs of plumbing, gasfitting, heating and water systems.
- At all times enthusiastically carry out all works in a professional and tradesman-like manner to a level of quality that meets current accepted commercial / industry standards.
- Ensure a safe working environment for self, colleagues, customers, and the general public.
- Price work as needed and liaise directly with our customers.
To be successful a candidate will ideally have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Current NZ registration and licence as a Plumber/Gasfitter in accordance with the requirements of the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayer's Board
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience associated with the installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of plumbing, gasfitting, heating and water systems
- Ability to interpret designs, plans and instructions
- Knowledge of NZ building code and safety regulations, standards, codes of practice and relevant legislation in relation to plumbing and gasfitting
- Knowledge of Health and Safety compliance requirements, safety conscious
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal/people skills, customer focussed
- Must be a self-starter demonstrating an energetic and conscientious attitude
- High level of fitness required
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Current unrestricted NZ Driver Licence
To support this, you will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focused at all times, possess a high degree of initiative, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
We offer a nationally competitive remuneration in line with the experience you bring to the role. Staff Benefits include Paid Birthday Leave and Life and Critical Illness Cover.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.